Wednesday, May 27, 2015

[Comparison] Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz V.S. Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil

Hi! 

Today I am comparing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz and the Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil. I am sure many people heard of the Anastasia Brow Wiz before, it has been raved by many youtubers when it first came out. I was introduced to the brand Chella by IPSY, if you haven't already, you can read my IPSY May Glambag Unboxing.

Top: Anastasia Brow Wiz/ Bottom: Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil


1) Company Claim

Anastasia
An ultraslim mechanical pencil to shape, define, and fill in your brows for a natural, polished look. Sometimes brows need a little magic. This must-have pencil features an ultrafine, retractable tip to fill in gaps easily and mimic brow hair. Perfect for spot checking areas that may be sparse or over-tweezed, the smear-proof formula wears all day for a natural, fresh look. -"Sephora.ca"

Chella
The fine tip on this sleek European-designed mechanical pencil has a creamy consistency that glides into place and can also be lightly smudged for a more natural look (use the brush/comb attachment on Chella's razor, sold separately, to achieve this effect).-"Chella.com"

2) Product Texture
Left: Chella/ Right: Anastasia

Both products glide on smoothly. I find that the Anastasia one is stiffer in texture, more firm. Dom't get me wrong though, it does not hurt or pull the skin, it glides on smooth. Sometimes it requires a few stroke to see the color. The Chella one; however, feels more creamy, one swipe gets the color I wanted.

3) Staying Power
I did a test with wearing the product one on each side through out the day without brow gel. At the end of the day, my brows were both in place. I used a makeup wipe and it showed that both product were still on my brows. (YAY!) 

4) packaging
Anastasia

The packaging is sleek and black with  copper/ orange writings. It is double ended, with the twist up brow pencil on one side and a spooly on the other side. Even though the spooly is convenient when travelling but it gets really dirty after a while. It is hard to clean but if you use it without cleaning it, there will be some fallout from the spooly. The whole product is a bit longer than other eyeliners or brow pencils, if you want to travel with it, it might be a snugg fit for regular makeup bags. 

Chella

I mentioned in the May Glam Bag post that the white packaging seems a bit cheap to me at first glance. However, I don't mind the white packaging anymore, it is so much easier to find this product especially when it's put next to a bunch of black pencils. The packaging is actually pretty good quality, the cap did not fall off from the pencil when I travel. I like the length of the overall packaging since it is pretty much the same size as other pencil product. This is also a twist up pencil that is convenient. One down side is that it does not have the spooly on the other end, which means I need to bring an extra spooly or eyebrow brush. 

5) Color Range
Left to Right: Anastasia Dark Brown, Chella Tantalizing Taupe, Anastasia Soft Brown

Anastasia
There are 9 colors to choose from. I have the Soft Brown and Dark Brown. I tend to grab the soft brown since I like my brow a bit lighter.

Chella
There are 6 colors in total. I received this in Tantalizing Taupe from my IPSY glam bag. I did not get to choose my color nor did I have the opportunity to try out different color. Having said that, I think this color works well on me.

6) Price/ Availability

Anastasia
$27CAD
This is available at Sephora

Chella
$18 USD
I believe you can only get this from Chella.com 

Overall
Both products are amazing! The both have the convenient twist up applicator, provide easy control and are travel friendly. I really recommend the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. It has a wider color range and it is available in store for you to find the right shade. The Chella Eyebrow Color Pencil is more creamy and more affordable; however, for Canadians especially, it is not as conveniently reachable. For me even though I love both product, when both of the run out, I will gravitate toward repurchasing the Anastasia Brow Wiz because they are really similar and it is easier for me to find the Anastasia one.

That's all for today, let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you think about it. What other comparisons or posts would you want to see? Let me know on my social media or leave a comment below. Thanks!

Yours Truly,

Ting.


Find me here:
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: judyting116
Email; jtingsdiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment