Monday, May 25, 2015

[Comparison] Clarins HydraQuench VS Neutrogena HydraBoost

Hi!

As I mentioned in my skin care routine, I have recently been into exploring skin care products, especially facial moisturizer.Today I want to share with you a comparison between Clarins HydraQuench Cream Gel and the new Neutrogena HydraBoost Gel Cream. I have already mentioned the Clarins HydraQuench in my April Favorites, so you know I love this product. When I saw the commercial for Neutrogena's HydraBoost, it immediately reminds me of the Clarins HydraQuench. 

Quick Notes on my skin
  • Sensitive
  • Dehydrated
  • Occasional oily t-zone
  • Occasional flaky nose


Let's get started!



1) Company Product Claims
Clarins:
Clarins’ Hydraquench line is a saving grace for normal to combination skin types, which are more prone to dullness and the subtle signs of ageing. Hydraquench Cream-Gel for Normal to Combination Skin offers deep hydration and a cooling sensation to dehydrated skin while tightening the pores. This unique complex turns to water upon contact with the skin. This hydrating face cream soothes and refreshes the skin while working to tone and refine the skin’s surface. This results in a smooth and long-lasting matte complexion with no trace of oily residue or shine

Neutrogena:
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel is a refreshing, lightweight water gel that instantly quenches and continuously hydrates skin. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, it boosts hydration and locks it in so skin stays hydrated, smooth and supple day after day. Applies effortlessly, absorbing quickly into skin without leaving behind an oily or greasy feel.Hydro Boost hydrates skin through an approach of replenishing water and strengthening skin’s moisture barrier, leveraging two key ingredients:

2) Special Ingredient
Both contains Hyaluronic Acid. I did some research on this ingredient. According to Paulaschoice.com, Hyaluronic Acid boost skin's moisture content, reduce inflammation, have cell-communicating abilitites, and help prevent moisture loss. It also acts like a sponge for dry skin cells, that absorb water and slowly but continuously releases moisture back into skin, keeping skin hydrated throughout the day. This is an important ingredient to have for moisturizers that are made for dehydrated skin, and sensitive skin. 

Clarins:
Katafray extract: helps reinforce skin's surface barrier effect and helps prevent dehydration. 
Sorbier bud extract: reinforces skin hydration and radiance. 
Pomegranate extract: tightens pores. 

Alpine willow herb extract: helps reduce skin shine.

Neutrogena
Olive Extract: Strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, prevent excessive moisture loss. It also helps leave skin feeling soft and smooth without tackiness.

3) Formula
Left: Clarins/ Right: Neutrogena

Both products have Cream Gel formula. The formulas are light weight, absorbs easily and quickly. Both formula works pretty much the same. I would apply it on my face, quickly massage it into my skin. Few seconds after application, my face feels instantly moisturized but does not feel wet. I really enjoy the cream gel formula; however, I need to be careful because products that absorb easily usually contains alcohol. This is a perfect consistency/ texture for spring and summer because it does not linger on the face and is not sticky. Another advantage is that it can be worn underneath makeup.

ClarinsIt has a dryer consistency. The product itself is white but blends out clear. Even though it is marketed for normal to combination skin but it works for my skin.

Neutrogena: The formula is pretty white, juggles around in the container. It has a light blue color that also blends out clear.

4) Scent
They both have some sort of scents. Clarins has a light fresh scent while the Neutrogena one has a pretty strong soapy scent. I am not bothered by any of these scents; however, the Neutrogena one took me some time to get used to. To be fair, I was used to Clarin's scent since I started to use that prior to the Neutrogena one.

5) Packaging

Honestly, the similarity between the two packaging is the first thing that caught my eye. Both has a blue container with a white cap. Clarin's packaging feels more luxurious because the container itself is made with glass and it also has a stopper underneath the lid. Neutrogena on the other hand, has a plastic-like container without the stopper. I wish the Neutrogena one comes with a stopper; like I mentioned earlier, this formula is a lot runnier, having the stopper would really help.

6) Prices/ Accessibility
Clarins: .
$ 50 CAD 50ml
From Clarins/ Shoppers Drug Mart/Sephora

Neutrogena:
$24.99 CAD 47ml
From any drugstore that sells Neutrogena

Overall
I tried both product together on my face for a few times.I find that both products did what it claimed to do, providing moisture and calms my irritated skin. I find that the Neutrogena HydraBoost absorbs a little faster than the Clarin's HydraQuench. However, I prefer the scent of the Clarins  HydraQuench. I think the Neutrogena HydraBoost is definitely a good alternative for the Clarins HydraQuench since the results are the same and it is about half the price. I really recommend using one of these two products if you have dehydrated skin, sensitive skin and or irritated skin.

That's all for today, let me know what you think about comparison posts, and let me know what other product comparisons you want to see.

Yours Truly,

Ting


Find me here:
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: judyting116
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment