Saturday, May 16, 2015

May IPSY Glam Bag Unboxing


Hello! The bag is finally here!!! I saw the pink bag from far away and I came home running toward the mailbox!


If you are unfamiliar with IPSY, it is a subscription service that is $10 USD a month in the USA. It contains 5 products, with a mix of deluxe, full size or mini samples. Every month, I always stay away from the sneak peak so I have no idea what the bag is like until I open it up. I started my subscription since November 2014, Honestly, for the past few months I was not too impressed. The April bag was starting to get better, but this month is ......find out at the end ;) haha



The theme  this month is Jetsetter. The bag is so cute and on point! I know I am going to get so much use out of this bag!!! It is a decent size too so I can easily fit my makeup in it. Off to a good start!

Here are the products. They are in no particular order, just the order I pulled them out from the bag.




Urban Decay-24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil+Bonus Revolution High-Color Lip Gloss




The lip pencil is in the shade Ozone, well, it's a clear pencil. There are two sample lip gloss in this package, Failbait and Bitter Sweet. Failbait is a light neutral pink color and Bitter Sweet is bright purple! 

According to the IPSY website, this lip pencil claimed to be a long-lasting, waterproof liner that glides on smoothly to prime and define for long lasting lip color and clean lines. I swatched this on my lips and it feels light weight and not waxy. I was really happy to receive this because I have been looking for a clear lip pencil that can go underneath any lip stick!

I have not swatched the lip gloss yet because of the packaging. For packaging like this I need to find a container to keep the remaining lip gloss because this is definitely not a one-time use only product. However, I have heard many great things about the lip gloss. For example, this gloss is pigmented and not sticky! So I'm excited to try this product soon! 

Chella- Eyebrow Color Pencil (0.09g)




Honestly, I have never heard of the brand, I was quite disappointed when I saw this product. My first impression of the product is that the packaging seems a bit cheap. I know that packaging is not the most important thing but it is the first thing people see before actually trying the product. That being said, I still played around with the product a bit. It is a mechanical pencil (yes!) and the sleek packaging (sounds way better!) allows the product to be lightweight and convenient to bring around. This came in the shade Tantalizing Taupe. I am really happy that the color is something I can really wear. I like to have lighter brows and this is it! Also, it goes on creamy and easily blend-able!(yay!!)

The shade reminds me of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown, so I am going to do a side by side comparison with it. Let me know in the comments if you want to see a post on how the two products compare.

Luxie Beauty- Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205


I have been waiting to receive another brush in the glam bag. Last time I received the Crown-Infinity Shadow/ Crease Duet Brush, I love it! (review will be up soon) Hence I was so excited to receive this one because the packaging(?!) is so cute! This brush has a pink handle and rose gold details ❤︎ how adorable! It claims to have high quality synthetic hair bristles that is  100% Animal Cruelty Free with antibacterial solution. The bristles are so soft and bouncy, I am excited to play around with this brush more!




CoTz- Face Natural SPF 40 (0.35oz)




I thought this is just a normal sunscreen for the face. Yes, I have been looking for a good sunscreen for face but somehow I was not too excited when I saw this product. I was WRONG! I swatched this on my hand and realized this is not just a sunscreen. It has a consistency of the Benefit Porefessional Primer. It feels like a tinted moisturizer, light weight with beige color. However, it blends translucent and with a sheer matte finish. I also feel as if fills up my pores like the Benefit primer, haha! It has no scent, which is perfect for my sensitive skin! The description on the IPSY website:"100% Free of Oils, Chemical Sunscreem, Preservatives, Fragrances, Parabens, Gluten, Phythalates" (Awesome!) It also claimed to be water resistant for 80 minutres, but I'll have to try this out and let you know!

Klorane- Smoothing and Relaxing Patches

Last but not least are the soothing eye patches for refreshing, moisturizing and brightening tired eyes. Thank you IPSY for providing two packs of this product, how sweet!  This is really something I need to try on and update you on the results! 


This month is amazing! It is the best bag since November when I first subscribed to IPSY. I love how this bag focuses more on the makeup

This is going to be a...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

It is a 5/5 bag for me because I am happy with all the products I received. I also feel that there seemed to be more than just 5 items to try on! I hope that June Glam Bag can be as awesome!

Please +1 and Share this post with your friends if you like to see IPSY unboxing! Leave a comment below what you received in the your glam bag or what you like most in my bag! Also let me know what you would like to see next!

Yours truly,

Ting


Find me on social media.
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: judyting116

P.S. This is purchased with my own money and they are all my honest opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment