Thursday, June 11, 2015

[Haul] First Colourpop Cosmetics Order


Hi!

I have been waiting for my order to arrive. This is my first time ordering from Colourpop. You have probably heard of this company because the Youtube community has been raving about this. 

A little about Colourpop
ColourPop was born, raised and made with love in the City of Angels (aka Los Angeles) so we can react quickly to the latest and greatest trends and get them in your fabulous hands stat.
We take the phrase “if you can dream it, you can do it” to a whole new level and specialize in making killer makeup in every shade imaginable at prices everyone can afford. We think that whole barrier between fancy and affordable is absolute nonsense. That’s why all of our products have luxury formulas at prices that won’t break the bank.
PS. We are 100% fur baby friendly, bunny approved, and only test our products on humans – the ones in our HQ to be exact.- Colourpop.com
Colourpop is quite young, it just celebrated its 1-year old birthday last month. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY COLOURPOP!  

I find it a little odd that my order did not come in a delivery box but it came in an envelope. Thankfully, everything survived! Inside the package, there's a hand written card from Colourpop and three other descriptive cards about the products I ordered. Okay, here comes the actual haul.




1) Super Shock Cheek in FOX ($8 USD)



This is a mid tone warm coral that has a satin finish. I love this color, it gives me the natural post-work out flush. The texture of the blush is different from any other blush I've ever tried. It's not a powder, it almost feel like it's wet, but it's not. It's a little bit bouncy, but it is really pigmented like a cream blush. If you know what the Maybelline  Dream Bouncy Blush or Benefit Majorette blush feel like, the Coloupop blush is a less bouncy than those. 

It is suggested to apply the product with your fingers. If you want to use a brush, you can use synthetic stipple brush or flat synthetic foundation brush. 

Left to Right: Fox, Birthday Girl


2) Super Shock Shadow in Birthday Girl



This is the limited edition eye shadow for Colourpop's 1-year-old birthday. During the birthday celebration, you get this shadow for free with any purchase!! (That's one of the reason I decided to make me order during that time.) The texture of the shadow is similar to the blush and the application is same as the blush, but the formula is even more pigmented. The color is beautiful, gold/brown with sparkles. This is not a color I will use everyday but I will definitely use this during special occasions. 

The rest are lippies. They are twist up lipstick in a pencil. stick form called Lippie Stix. They come in different finishes but surprisingly I only got stain and matte finishes. I tried every color on my lips already. I love how they all glide on easily, creamy and does not drag the lips. All the color I got show up really well. However, I hate the scent, especially when I first applied them. It has a plastic scent but the scent disappears after a while. The color stains the lips but the color do transfer, even after I blot the color after application. In addition, without food and drink the color stays beautifully for a long time. Best part yet, they are $5 a piece!!!

Left to right: Fancy, Clique, Tootsi, Frida, Lumiere, Lumiere(pencil)

Left to right: Fancy, Clique, Tootsi, Frida, Lumiere, Lumiere(Pencil)

3) Lippie Stix in Fancy
- Neutral mid tone coral with a satin finish

4) Lippie Stix in Clique
- Orangey red with a matte finish. I am obsessed with the color. It really pops! I think orangey red really suits my complexion!

5) Lippie Stix in Tootsi
- Cool-toned grey-ish beige with a matter finish
This color does not look good on me, it's too grey for my complexion, it made me look like I was sick.

6) Lippie Stix in Frida (Collaboration with Coffee Break with Dani)
- Warm mid tone nude pink with a satin finish. It has a little coral, pink and brown, supposedly, the color will look different on everyone depending on your skin tone. 

7) Lippie Stix + Pencil in Lumiere (Collaboration with Kathleen Lights)
- Dusty mauve pink with a matte finish. This color shows up purpley pink on me, I've never tried something like this before. I love it so much! I have not tried the pencil on the lips but the color looks exactly like the lippie stick.

Overall I am really happy with my order. Although it took a while for me to receive my order, I'm glad none of the products are broken.  I love everything besides Tootsi. I would definitely order from them again, I would love to try more lip products, blushes and more neutral, everyday eye shadows. I will try all of the products a little more and update you my thoughts!

Have you ever ordered from Colourpop? What's your must have list from them? Share with me in the comments below or tweet me @jtingsdiary or instagram @judyy116

Yours Truly,

Ting.


Find me here:
Instagram: judyy116
Twitter: jtingsdiary
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com


*Some color descriptions are from colourpop.com

4 comments:

  1. very nice haul so lucky you got birthday girl i wish they bring it in stock too
    would you like to follow each other dear...
    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks great.. Never tried anything from colourpop but I think now is the time to try :) Thanks for sharing your haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my post! Their blush is amazing, you should try it!

      Delete