Wednesday, November 18, 2015

November IPSY Glam Bag Unboxing

Hello!

I am super excited to see my Glam bag in the mail (Finally!) Is it me or IPSY did not post that many hints for the Glam bags lately. I have no idea what to expect this month. I was a bit worried when I picked up my package from my mailbox because the package was super light weight. I thought I might be getting foil packets or tiny samples. Little did I know....


THIS BAG IS AMAZING! Before I even swatch or touch the products, I know it's going to be amazing!

I can't believe it, (For the first time in forever...) there's no skincare, hair care or manicure related things!!!! I mentioned before I don't really use any additional hair products and I am very particular with my skincare products, so I get a little disappointed when I receive them.

This post will only be a haul for you to see what's in the bag, and maybe a little first impression. Since I am way too excited this month's bag, I wanted to share with you before I test it out! Let me know if you want to see a review/ follow up on any of the products.

The first thing I saw was a Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet black. I am going to insert a photo from Sephora.ca so you can see what the mascara wand look like.
Photo from: Sephora.ca
This is supposed to be a volumizing and lengthening mascara but I have a lot of mascaras that I am currently trying out, so I am going to save this for later. This retails for $22.50 CAD at Sephora.

The next thing in the bag is a single eye shadow in the shade "Carnival" from INSPR Beauty. I have never heard of the brand. I went on to their website at insprbeauty.com to find out more about their products, but I couldn't find the product I received. They have only one type of eye shadow which is the Classic Pressed Eye Shadow with 35 shades. If the eye shadow I received is from the Classic Pressed Eye Shadow line, then this product is meant to be a multi-tasker. You can apply this dry or wet. They said that if applied wet, it will be like a cream shadow or eyeliner. I am excited to give it a try! I believe you can only get this product on INSPR Beauty's website. The full size of the product is $13 USD (BTW, I think what I received is full size because the full size is also 0.05 oz) .


Moving on. This next thing smells super nice, I could smell it before opening the package. It is a Mattifying Emulsion MT+ Sheer from Figs & Rouge. I am kind of confused because it says this line is for flawless effects skincare but it also says it's a primer to prevent shine and filling pores. Now I know I said there were no skincare, but I saw "primer" so I think it should be a primer that actually acts as skincare?! Good thing it says it's for normal to combo skin and for sensitive skin. (Yay! It's calling me) I am going to give this a try, because I really want to know what it is and what it can do for me.

I went on to the company's website at figandrouge.com, there were not prices labelled on it, when I was looking for the price, it actually took me to another page. It took me to feelunique.com and that is where I found out that the full size of this product (30ml) costs £24.00 (About $48.60 CAD) and the product I received was 15ml! How generous !!! I should also mention that this is made in the UK and it is paraben free.

The next item is quite interesting. I have heard about something like this but I have never tried it. It is the Blush Papier by Mai Couture. They are makeup papers, which essentially meant colored blush paper in Human language. Mine is in the color Montecito, which looks like a mauve color with sheen, or like a dusty rose color. The full size contains 50 sheets and you only need 1 sheet for both sides of your cheeks, this retails for $17.50 USD. They also have paper foundation, bronzer, highlighter!  If this thing works, it's going to save me so much space when I travel (or in my handbag)! Then, I don't need to worry about spilling any liquid in my bag or the powder shattering when I run around and the best of all it won't take up any space and don't add any extra weight to my bag! Here is a swatch for you...

photo from: http://maicouture.com/products/blush-papier


I think it's a really cool concept. I tried it on today and it builds up easily. If you are on the go, I suggest you use a very light hand unless you have a blending brush to blend it out. The color turns out to be a shimmery peach. orangy color. It's beautiful! I also tried to do a swatch but somehow my camera just didn't want to focus on the color.. I also want to add that for I only used about half a sheet for both sides of my cheeks plus swatching. A little does go a loooong way because I find that there's too much blush on one side of my cheek. I think a quarter of the blush paper will be good enough for me. By the way, I just want to mention that this is made in Taiwan! (I just have to!) You can check them out on maicouture.com

The last thing in the bag (well ,it was in the bag it was in the envelop). I didn't notice this brush was in the envelop, when I counted the products in the bag I only saw four products. I was so ready to go on IPSY.com to complain then I saw this in the bag (phew..) This is a blending eye brush in no.776 by Bdellium tools.  I have to be honest, when I first saw the brush, I really thought this was meant for water coloring. I guess because I haven't seen any makeup brushes with a yellow handle and white brush head, it really looked like my paint brush. The bristles are super soft, even though I couldn't really tell by just looking at it. But it truly is super soft, it doesn't poke my lids at all. I always wanted more soft and fluffy blending brush. This is just perfect! This brush retails for $9 USD on their website.

This is what the brush looks like.
Studio 776 Blending
Photo from: http://bdelliumtools.com/studio/studio-776-blending.html

Now this concludes my unboxing for my November Glam Bag. As you probably noticed, I am super excited about this bag. This bag contains 4/5 companies I have never heard before that seems to have really awesome products! I can't way to try all of items out and I hope they are as great as I hope they are. This bag was well worth my money, especially when I paid around $20 Canadian (currency difference and shipping). With my estimate, this bag is worth around $66.41 CAD!!!! I am sooooo happy!! If you are also subscribed to IPSY, I hope you got an awesome bag too!


Yours Truly,

Ting.





Find me here:
Instagram: @judyy116
Twitter@jtingsdiary
Email: jtingsdiary@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment